Gretna Green Hotel and Wedding Venue
For parties of 2+ our range of packages are perfect for small intimate wedding
For parties of 10 or more,
For parties of 20 and above,
Hire The Mill Forge
Wedding Packages for 2+
Wedding Package for 10+
Wedding Package for 20+
Exclusive Use Packages
Wedding Questions & Answers
Almost all of the brides and grooms we speak to have a number of questions about getting married in Gretna Green. Our team of wedding planners have provided answers to some of the more commonly asked questions.
Gretna Green Wedding Questions
1) How soon can we get married at Gretna Green?
2) Do we have to stay in Gretna Green before our wedding?
3) What do we do about legal paperwork?
4) What is the difference between having a minister or registrar conduct our ceremony?
9) One or neither of us was born in the UK. Can we still be married in Gretna Green?
10) Can our son / daughter act as one of our witnesses?
11) We're not bringing any guests. What do we do about witnesses?
12) How many people does The Mill Forge hold?
13) Is there any evening entertainment?
14) Do we need to take out wedding insurance?
15) Can we bring table decorations and will we have a chance to decorate the tables ourselves?
If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact our wedding planners on 01461 800344
5) One or both of us has been divorced or widowed. Can we still have a religious ceremony?
6) How soon should we book our wedding?
7) Can we visit to have a look round and speak to a wedding planner?
8) How much deposit do we have to pay and when?
Copyright for this website and all images lies with The Mill Forge and Colin Carpenter Photography